Board of Directors
Mr. Ekniti Nitithanprapas
Director and Member of the Corporate Governance and Sustainability Committee
Age : 52
Starting Date : Apr 3, 2023
Other Current Positions
- January 2023 – Present Director, Aeronautical Radio of Thailand Ltd.
- 2022 – Present Director General, The Excise Department, Ministry of Finance
- 2020 – Present Chairman, TMBThanachart Bank Public Company Limited
- Ph.D. (Economics / Macroeconomics and International Finance), Claremont Graduate University, USA
- M.S. (Economics / Policy Economics), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
- Bachelor of Economics (Honors), Thammasat University
Useful Past Experiences for PTTEP
- 2015 – 5 April 2023 Director, IRPC Plc.
- 2018 – 2022 Director General, The Revenue Department, Ministry of Finance
- 2018 – 2020 Chairman, Krung Thai Bank Pcl.
- 2018 – 2019 Chairman, Thai Airways International Pcl.
- 2015 – 2018 Director, The Siam Commercial Bank Pcl.
- 2015 – 2018 Chairman, National Credit Bureau Co., Ltd.
- 2015 – 2020 Director General, State Enterprise Policy Office, Ministry of Finance
- 2015 – 2018 Director and Secretary to the Private Investmentsbin State Undertakings Policy Committee
- 2015 – 2018 Director and Secretary to the Steering Committee of Vayupak Fund
- 2015 – 2018 Director in the Investment Committee ofVayupak Fund
Vision in managing the Company's business
- Strengthen PTTEP’s position as the key pillar to ensure energy security of the country by enhancing efficiency of petroleum exploration, production, and investment. Develop proper collaboration concerning petroleum fields in an international scale.
- Drive the diversification of PTTEP upstream business into new business areas of upstream exploration, development, and production such as hydrogen and green hydrogen, including driving the development of Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage in Thailand which has geographic potential in expired and expiring petroleum fields in order to achieve Carbon Neutral and Net Zero Emission goals.
Vision in performing duties that comply with Good Corporate Governance of PTTEP
- Govern PTTEP business to ensure compliance with ESG principles to avoid risks in concerned categories and create the value of sustainable organization.
- Promote ESG value towards management of investment projects by having ESG embedded in investment principles.
- Promote the integration of E&P business, information disclosure, and knowledge sharing to investors in order to create PTTEP’s sustainability and value at policy level. Follow up to ensure that PTTEP operations are conducted in compliance with the laws and good corporate governance.
- ESG as a vehicle for Business Transformation 2565, Thai Institute of Directors Association (IOD)
- Director Leadership Certification Program (0/2564), Thai Institute of Directors Association (IOD)
- Risk Management Program for Corporate Leaders (25/2564), Thai Institute of Directors Association (IOD)
- Role of the Chairman Program (45/2562), Thai Institute of Directors Association (IOD)
- Board Matters and Trends (4/2560), Thai Institute of Directors Association (IOD)
- Role of the Nomination & Governance Committee Program (8/2559), Thai Institute of Directors Association (IOD)
- Financial Statements for Directors (29/2558), Thai Institute of Directors Association (IOD)
- Corporate Governance for Capital Market Intermediaries (4/2558), Thai Institute of Directors Association (IOD)
- Director Certification Program (93/2550), Thai Institute of Directors Association (IOD)
- The Wellness and Healthcare Business Opportunity Program for Executives (WHB), Class 2
- The Cullinan: The Making of Digital Board (class 1/2022), Collaboration between Ministry of Digital Economy and Society, Digital Economy Promotion Agency and Thailand Management Association (TMA), year 2022
- Decentralized Finance (DeFi), Digital Marketing Strategy, Open Banking and Virtual Banking, and ESG - Environmental, Social, Governance, TMBThanachart PCL.
- Security Awareness Training: Cybersecurity and Cyber Resilience, TMBThanachart PCL.
- 2020 Cyber Security Awareness for BoD, Personal Data Protection Act, and Economic and Sectoral Outlook: A High-Frequency Data Perspective, TMB Bank PCL.
- Cyber Resilience Leadership: Tone from the Top Year 2020, and Cyber Resilience Year 2019, Bank of Thailand
- Oxford Programme on Negotiation in Bangkok Year 2019, SAID Business School of Oxford University, UK
- The Program for Senior Executives on Justice Administration (class 24/2019), Judicial Training Institute
- The Civil Service Executive Development Program, Office of the Civil Service Commission, year 2011
- Advanced Certificate Course in Public Administration and Law for Executive (class 9/2010), The College of Politics and Governance, King Prajadhipok's Institute
- Financial Markets and New Financial Instruments, International Monetary Fund Institute, year 2009