Social Enterprise is an organization that applies commercial strategies to maximize improvements in social and environmental well-being. Social Enterprise, financially viable independence, does not depend on donation and shall re-invest profit for community benefit.
PTTEP together with PTT Group has set up Sarn Palung Social Enterprise Company Limited (PTTSE) with an aim to promote Social Enterprise and to be a Leader of Social Enterprise implementation to solve communities’ problem and continuously develop sustainable society which will improve the quality of life in long run.
School – Based Integrated Rural Development Project or School-BIRD
In 2017, PTTEP, in collaboration with Mechai Viravaidya Foundation, pioneered the School-Based Integrated Rural Development Project (School-BIRD Project) at 3 schools in Sukhothai, Kamphaeng Petch and Phitsanulok provinces. The aim is to develop school as model of a Learning Hub and a Center for Economic and Social Development as well as to enhance social value in location where we operate. Fundamental knowledge and resources are provided to students, schools and communities to run their own agricultural business. School-BIRD project is also emerged as one of the PTTEP social enterprise initiatives. The project focuses on the following 6 key activities:
- Engagement in school activities and strengthening community in the school vicinity
- Agricultural business training and implementation i.e. establishment of school-based mini-farm
- Capacity building activity for students, teachers and communities
- Establishment of a Social Enterprise-based Bank to encourage savings and provide communities with access to loan for business
- Establishment of Business Fund to support students’ entrepreneurship
- Health, Sanitation, Environment and Water Project to solve specific problem within community
PTTEP believes that the project increase opportunity for students, schools and communities to generate income, allowing them to attain a better quality of life and self-sufficiency.
Currently the mini-farm generates income for the 3 schools and the Social Enterprise-based Bank provides loan to more than 10 communities’ business. Many students start to get loan from Business Fund to run their own business.
PTT Exploration and Production Public Company Limited555/1 Energy Complex Building A, 6th Floor & 19th - 36th Floor, Vibhavadi-Rangsit Road, Chatuchak, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900 Thailand
Phone : 66 (0) 2537-4000
Fax : 66 (0) 2537-4444
E-SERVICEReference Price Announcement > Procurement and Contract > Virtual Private Network > Webmail > Intranet >
Copyright © PTT Exploration and Production Plc. All Rights Reserved.