Mr. Phongsthorn Thavisin
Chief Executive Officer
Age : 61
Starting Date : Oct 1, 2020
- B.Sc. (Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering), The Pennsylvania State University, U.S.A.
Useful Past Experiences for PTTEP
- January 2019 - September 2020: President and Chief Executive Officer
- October – December 2018: Chief Executive Officer and Acting President, Exploration and Production
- 2017 – September 2018: President, Exploration and Production and Acting Executive Vice President, Business Transformation and Organization Group
- 2016 – 2017: Chief Operating Officer, Production Asset and Operations Support Group and acting Executive Vice President, Operations Support Group
- January – December 2015: Executive Vice President, Technology and Sustainability Development Group
- 2012 – 2014: Executive Vice President, Engineering and Development Group
- Senior Vice President, Engineering and Construction Division
- Vice President, Production Development Division
- Senior Manager, Safety, Security, Health and Environment
- Senior Manager, International Assets
- Senior Manager, Arthit Asset
Vision for managing the company’s business
- PTTEP strives to become a sustainable E&P company by building a strong foundation of business growth while contributing to society and environment in order to create long-term value for all stakeholders. With our vision of “Energy Partner of Choice”, I believe that PTTEP will thrive as a strong and sustainable organization to provide energy security for the country.
- To capture New Business opportunities, AI & Robotics Venture will be a leading company to support PTTEP’s core activities resulting in enhanced operational efficiency and safety, as well as commercially provide services for both E&P and non-E&P industry. We also place a great importance on technology and innovation development as an engine to drive the economic growth of the country.
- For successful execution and achievement of objectives, it is crucial that PTTEP transforms to become an agile organization, streamline work process, and encourage team-based mindset, as well as apply digital technologies to enhance competitiveness. This is to ensure PTTEP is equipped with full readiness in response to changing environment and challenges.
Vision in performing duties that comply with Good Corporate Governance of PTTEP
At PTTEP, we are determined to advocate good corporate governance to ensure transparency and accountability throughout the process while gaining trust among all stakeholders to move forward the company on the path of sustainable growth.
- Director's Briefing - Corporate Strategy beyond the Crisis, a Chairman/Board Perspective, Bain & Company, Inc.
- CERAWeek 2019, Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
- Capital Market Leader Program (Class 27), Capital Market Academy
- Director Certification Program (DCP) 223/2016, Thai Institute of Directors Association
- Energy Literacy Leadership Program (Class 7), Thailand Energy Academy
- Senior Executive Program (SEP-19), Sasin Graduate Institute of Business Administration of Chulalongkorn University
- Advanced Naval Studies Program (Class 40/2008), Institute of Advanced Naval Studies
- PTT Group EVP Leadership Development
- PTT Executive Leadership, General Electric, GE, New York, U.S.A.
- Breakthrough Program for Senior Executive, IMD
- The National Defense Course (2013-2014), Thai National Defense College