The Board of Directors
Admiral Tanarat Ubol
Vice Chairman of the Independent Directors Committee, Chairman of the Corporate Governance Committee and Member of the Remuneration Committee
Age : 65
Starting Date : Sep 1, 2014
Other Current Positions
- 2015 – Present Royal Thai Navy Retired
- Master of Public and Private Management, National Institute of Development Administration (NIDA), Thailand
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, The National Defense Academy of Japan, Japan
Useful Past Experiences for PTTEP
- April – September 2015 Deputy Chief of Joint Staff, Royal Thai Armed Forces Headquarters
- April – September 2015 Director, Equipment Control and Industry Development Committee, Defence Industry Department, Ministry of Defence
- April – September 2015 Director, Thai Aviation Industries Company Limited
- 2014 – 2015 Chairman, Bangkok Dock Company Limited
- 2014 – 2015 Chairman, Frigate Squadron Project, Royal Thai Navy
- 2014 – 2015 Chief of Staff, Royal Thai Navy
- 2013 – 2014 Chairman, Royal Thai Navy Transport Helicopter Procurement Project, Royal Thai Navy
- 2013 – 2014 Chairman, HTMS Naresuan Frigate Squadron Improvement Project, Royal Thai Navy
- 2012 – 2013 Senior Advisor, Royal Thai Navy
- 2011 – 2012 Assistant Chief of Staff for Operations, Royal Thai Navy
- 2009 – 2010 Director General, Naval War College, Royal Thai Navy
- 2006 – 2008 Commander, Frigate Squadron 2, Royal Thai Navy
Vision in managing the Company's business
- PTTEP is considered as one of the world-class organizations that ensures the nation’s stabilities in the energy and economic segments as well as providing the ASEAN community with the knowledge and advanced technology. Along with the support of a proficient management, PTTEP is consequently well-accepted not only by the Thai nationals but also the citizens of oversea countries that the company has investment engagements with.
- Under the current situation where demand for oil and gas has almost reached their peak, resilience is highly crucial for PTTEP’s investment strategy as well as consideration on finding new businesses.
- Human resource and technological developments are also essential for future corporate growth.
Vision in performing duties that comply with Good Corporate Governance of PTTEP
- Adhering to ethics and integrity, transparency, and verifiability.
- Considering projects that are beneficial to the company, complying to laws and regulations, as well as being disclosable to the public.
- Securing a sustainable development for the benefits of future generations.
- Board Matters and Trends (BMT) 4/2017, Thai Institute of Directors Association
- Strategic Board Master Class (SBM) 1/2017, Thai Institute of Directors Association
- Anti-Corruption: Leadership Role of the Board, Thai Institute of Directors Association (IOD)
- Risk Management for Corporate Leaders (RCL) 26/2016, Thai Institute of Directors Association
- Boards that Make a Difference (BMD) 1/2016, Thai Institute of Directors Association
- How to Develop a Risk Management Plan (HRP) 9/2016, Thai Institute of Directors Association
- Ethical Leadership Program (ELP) 1/2015, Thai Institute of Directors Association
- Director Certification Program (DCP) 204/2015, Thai Institute of Directors Association
- 22nd World Petroleum Congress (WPC), Istanbul, Turkey
- Maritime Joint Force Commander Course (Admiral Level), Hawaii, U.S.A.
- Advanced Security for Senior Executive, Hawaii, U.S.A.
- National Institute for Defense Studies (Japan)
- National Institute for Defense College (Class 51)